The Extended Weak Two 2S Opening bid is a opening bid for 2 types of hands. They are:
- Weak-Two in ♠ 5-11 HCP. (the most frequent)
- A weak 2-suiter in ♠ and a minor (♣ or ♦): 55+, 5-11 HCP
- This Extended Weak Two 2S Opening bid is alertable [!]
- The explanation to opponent should be something like this: “It is a Natural Weak opening with at least 5 card ♠. If it is only 5 cards, it may have 5-cards in minor. But if it is a 6-cards suit, it is just a normal Weak Two”
2♠ – ? – 2NT : [!] Forcing Bid. The only forcing bid. – 3♣ : Sign off. To play. – 3♦ : Sign off. To play. – 3♥ : Sign off. To play. – 3♠ : Splinter/cuebid – ask to start cue-bidding – 3NT : Sign off. To play. – 4♣ : Splinter/cuebid – ask to start cue-bidding – 4♦ : Splinter/cuebid – ask to start cue-bidding – 4♥ : Sign off. To play. – 4♠ : Sign off. To play. – 4NT : General Blackwood (4 Aces key card) – 5♣ : Sign off. To play. – 5♦ : Sign off. To play.
2♠ – 2NT (Forcing Bid) 3♣ : 2-suiter with 5+♣ 3♦ : 2-suiter with 5+♦ 3♥ : Not used 3♠ : Minimum with 6-cards ♠ 3NT : Maximum with good 6-card ♠ e.g: AKJxxx 4♣ : Strong distributional, slam interest, 2-suiter with 5+♣. 4♦ : Strong distributional, slam interest, 2-suiter with 5+♦
Visualization Aid: Typical Weak Two 2H 5-11HCP:
|8HCP, ~8 losers|
Visualization Aid: Typical Weak 2-suiter hand:
|8-HCP, ~7 losers|
The subsequent bidding after the inquiry above will be limited to cue-bidding, Roman Key Card bid, Exclusion key card and Grand slam force.
- Upon opponent’s double: all system on (i.e ignore the Double).
- Responder can use RDBL as inquiry/forcing bid. In this case opener can 2NT instead of 3NT to show maksimum with 6-cards ♠
- All double from responder is a penalty double (there is no take out)
If the opponent is using this opening, use these below as your competitive means:
- Use DOUBLE as “takeout double”
- Overcalls are Natural.
- Leaping Michael convention